Brushing & Flossing
Brushing Your Teeth with Orthodontics
When you have braces or Invisalign it’s very important to brush and floss after every meal in order to keep your teeth and gums healthy throughout your treatment.
We also have an advanced brushing & maintenance program...Embrace-it by Crest & Oral-B
- Oral-B Professional Care SmartSeries 5000 Electric Toothbrush with Oral-B special orthodontic heads for Braces and Oral-B oscillating brush heads for Invisalign. The electric brush is lightweight and has a built-in timer to help users brush for the recommended two minutes.
- Oral-B Superfloss—with a stiff end threader that lets you easily thread the floss under your braces and in tough places for Invisalign.
- Crest PRO-HEALTH Clinical Gum Protection Toothpaste — with stannous fluoride which protects against plaque, gingivitis, cavities, and sensitivity.
- Crest PRO-HEALTH Complete Rinse—with fluoride protection that can rebuild enamel to help prevent cavities also.
- For more information, please follow this link: EmBrace It
- Brushing Instructions
Brushing: Step 1
Place your toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to your gum.
Brushing: Step 2
Brush gently in a circular motion.
Brushing: Step 3
Brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
Brushing: Step 4
Use the tip of your brush for the inner surface of your front teeth.
- Flossing Instructions
Flossing: Step 1
Wind about 18 inches of floss around your fingers as shown. Most of it should be wrapped around one finger, and as the floss is used, the other finger takes it up.
Flossing: Step 2
Use your thumbs and forefingers to guide about one inch of floss between your teeth.
Flossing: Step 3
Holding the floss tightly, gently saw the floss between your teeth. Then curve the floss into a C-shape against one tooth and gently slide it beneath your gums.
Flossing: Step 4
Slide the floss up and down, repeating for each tooth.